The troubled singer was delighted when her manager Raye Cosbert presented her with the Gerald Laing work, which depicts her vacuuming a living room carpet and quickly hung it in her London home for all her pals to see.
Raye said: “She absolutely loves it. It takes pride of place in her home.”
Explaining his inspiration for the series of pictures he created of Amy last year, Gerald admits he felt compelled to paint her because he is obsessed with her constantly chronicled life.
The 74-year-old artist – who first became famous in the 1960s and whose pieces sell for hundreds of thousands of pounds – said: “I think she is an icon and I am fascinated by her.
“Every time you see her, even when she has had a night on the tiles, certain things – her make-up, her beehive – are always intact.
“I’ve had the chance to meet her but I prefer to see her as most people do – through the newspapers.”
Gerald produced several works featuring Amy, including one of her passionately kissing husband Blake Fielder-Civil, who she is now divorced from.
- Jennifer Lopez: She thinks it is “horrible” her first husband is trying to sell a “personal” video
- Jennifer Aniston: She is reportedly house-hunting with Justin Theroux
- Beyonce: She is “afraid of women who don’t have friends”
- Jennifer Aniston: She feels “cranky” if she doesn’t drink enough water
- Justin Bieber: He wants to move back to Canada
» Dita Von Teese: $70,000 dress
Trackback-URL für diesen Artikel: