Amy Winehouse’s parents have spoken of their heartbreak over her death. The 27-year-old singer was found dead at her home in Camden, North London yesterday afternoon (23.07.11) after a suspected drink and drugs overdose and although her Janis and Mitch Winehouse knew their daughter was struggling with addiction, the news has taken them both by surprise.
Janis – who admitted thinking it was “only a matter of time” before her daughter died explained about seeing the ‘Rehab’ singer the day before her death: “She seemed out if it but her passing so suddenly still hasn’t hit me. Amy always said ‘I love you mum’ when we would say goodbye. They are the words I will always treasure. I’m glad I saw her when I did.”
Amy’s devastated father Mitch – who was on a plane to New York to prepare for a performance in the city tomorrow (25.07.11) when news of his beloved daughter’s demise was revealed – spoke of his heartbreak from the city before getting the first plane back to London.
He said: “This isn’t real, I’m completely devastated. I’m getting the next plane back. I’m coming home. I have to be with Amy.
“I can’t crack up for her sake. My family need me. I’m devastated, it’s such a shock.”
- Amy Winehouse: Mitch is glad to be able to “set the record straight” after toxicology results
- Amy Winehouse’s: Her ashes will be mixed with her beloved grandmother’s
- Mitch Winehouse “hasn’t stopped crying”
- Lady Gaga: She says Amy Winehouse’s death is a lesson not to “kill the superstar”
- Amy Winehouse: Her mother wanted to make sure her daughter looked like a “superstar”
Zu diesem Beitrag gibt es noch keine Kommentare. Schreib einen!
» The mother of Amy Winehouse’s ex-husband Blake Fielder-Civil is terrified