The ‘Rehab’ singer moved out of Camden, north London, last year in a bid to put her drug struggles behind her but now wants to return to the area, where she previously lived with former husband Blake Fielder-Civil, who she has now reconciled with.
A source said: “Amy has been house-hunting for months and finally found somewhere that meets all her needs. It is large and homely and has everything.”
The new home contains four bathrooms, a gym and space for her to record her third album – the follow up to 2006’s ‘Back to Black’.
Amy, 26, is currently staying in hotel while she awaits the results of a survey on the house, but hopes to exchange contracts next week.
Amy has been keen to spend her money recently, and her father Mitch claims she has developed an addiction to shoes.
He said: “Amy has blown stupid amounts on shoes, she’s replaced her drug addiction with a shopping addiction. She bought 20 pairs of designer shoes in one afternoon.
“I returned them all to Selfridges. She’d never wear them, she has two rooms full of unopened, unworn shoes, it’s ridiculous, such a waste.”
- Amy Winehouse’s father has turned her home into a shrine
- Mitch Winehouse went “numb” when he was told his daughter Amy had died
- Amy Winehouse: Addicted to shopping
- Amy Winehouse: She has invited Pete Doherty to live with her
- Amy Winehouse: She was secretly engaged to boyfriend Reg Traviss
» Quinton Aaron had a crush on Sandra Bullock