The actress – who raises six children with Brad – will surprise him on the romantic day with the 200-year-old plant, which cost £12,000, for their French home, the Chateau Miraval.
A source said: “Angelina bought it from a nursery called The English Garden Centre in Valbonne, near their house. It’s a very special tree and cost her a fortune.”
Olive trees symbolise peace, longevity and stability and it is believed Angelina has bought the plant for Brad to further quash recent split rumours.
The couple put on a very solid show of unity at the Super Bowl in Florida on Sunday (07.02.10) taking their eight-year-old son Maddox to watch the annual American football championship game.
The Valentine’s Day gift from Angelina, 34, may be an expensive purchase, but the pair – who are both known for their lavish spending – recently donated $1 million to help earthquake victims on the Caribbean island of Haiti.
- Brad Pitt won’t direct films as it would drive his family “crazy”
- Angelina Jolie visited Haiti
- Angelina Jolie: She has had a new tattoo tribute to Brad Pitt
- Brad Pitt has hinted he may marry Angelina Jolie soon
- Brad Pitt: He often makes parenting mistakes
» Lady Gaga: Dating her best friend?