The Hollywood couple – who raise six children together – gave the American SOS Villages in Florida and Illinois the Christmas present after being impressed by the work they do.
Angelina said of the generous gift: “We have seen firsthand the remarkable job SOS does to raise orphaned and abandoned children and keep families together. No one ‘ages out’ of an SOS Village: vocational training, advanced education, living assistance and moral support are there forever.”
The SOS Villages house over 200 disadvantaged children and Brad said it was important to show gratitude for the work they do.
He said: “In this holiday season, many of us take for granted that we are surrounded by loving family members. The poor outcomes for foster children indicate that we must do a much better job of supporting them.”
It was recently revealed Brad and Angelina donated $6.8 million to charity last year after raising the money through their Jolie-Pitt Foundation.
According to The Hollywood Reporter – which received a copy of the 2008 tax return for the charity – the Jolie-Pitt Foundation banked $13 million in 2008 and over half was given back to good causes.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are buying a house in Costa Rica
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are splashing out £90,000 on a new nanny
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie donated for Haiti
- Brad Pitt: Mother wants to save the relationship with Angeline Jolie
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt: Split rumours are “nonsense”
» Rihanna: Concert in Abu Dhabi