Charlie Sheen is paying for his ex-wife’s rehab treatment. The 45-year-old actor was unhappy with Brooke Mueller’s intention to receive a controversial drug treatment therapy in Mexico – where addicts are given Ibogaine, a substance which is illegal in the USD and can cause hallucinations, to curb cravings – so promised to foot the bill if she agreed to go elsewhere.
According to gossip website TMZ, Brooke – who has two-year-old twin sons Bob and Max with Charlie – did fly out to Mexico, but her former spouse took a private jet to pick her up and brought her back to the US 12 hours later.
The actor has also enlisted his own doctors, who he consulted when urged to enter rehab earlier this year, to help Brooke, who is currently receiving treatment at an undisclosed location.
Meanwhile, Charlie has also lent his support to another ex-wife, Denise Richards.
The actress – who is the mother of the actor’s daughters Sam, seven, and six-year-old Lola – has released an autobiography, ‘The Real Girl Next Door’ and Charlie has taken to his twitter page to praise the tome.
He wrote: “#HotMomma #KeepItInTheFamily @DENISE_RICHARDS Your book rocks!! Never thought I’d say it… but loved it D..! xo (sic)”
- Charlie Sheen: His divorce from Brooke Mueller has been finalised
- Charlie Sheen: He wants his two ex-wives to move in next door
- Charlie Sheen is planning to look after his twin sons full-time
- Charlie Sheen: He has branded his ex-wife Denise Richards a “dog thief”
- Charlie Sheen: He will have to submit to a psychological exam
» Amy Winehouse: She was secretly engaged to boyfriend Reg Traviss