Charlie Sheen’s character in ‘Two and a Half Men’ is to be killed off. The troubled actor was fired from the sitcom and replaced by Ashton Kutcher after his eccentric behaviour and feuds with creator Chuck Lorre, who has now decided Charlie Harper dies off screen, meaning the star can never return to the programme.
According to gossip website TMZ, Charlie’s brother Alan and nephew Jake will learn “Charlie Harper has bit the dust” as “TV screens turn dark for just a minute or two”.
Sheen was axed from the popular show earlier this year and it was later revealed ‘Punk’d’ star Ashton would replace him at the lead star of the show, although playing a different character.
After landing a role in the sitcom – where he will work with co-stars Jon Cryer and Angus T. Jones – Ashton claimed he felt like he had “won the lottery”.
He said: “I’ve never probably in my 13 years in show business received more phone calls and emails from people congratulating me on this job.
“You’d almost think I won the lottery or something, which I kind of did. I’ve got the best job in showbusiness, and I am ecstatic about that.”
While there’s no chance of him returning to ‘Two and a Half Men’, Sheen is set to sign a deal for his TV comeback this week in a completely new show created “for him”.
A source close to the negotiations said: “It’s a show created with him and for him.
“The deal should get signed by tomorrow, but with lawyers you never know. No later than Friday.”
- Charlie Sheen: How his character is set to be written out of ‘Two and a Half Men’
- Charlie Sheen: He allegedly borrowed $10 million from Warner Brothers
- Two and a Half Men: Charlie Sheen is “honoured” by the exit
- Charlie Sheen: A party to watch his own funeral on ‘Two and a Half Men’
- Ashton Kutcher: He is splashing out $9,000-a-week on a brand new mobile home
» Beyonce Knowles: Her mother stopped her from developing a huge ego by smacking her