Cheryl Cole has reportedly turned to religion after a traumatic year.
The 27-year-old singer is looking for spiritual enlightenment after suffering a tumultuous 2010 which saw her divorce her husband Ashley Cole after he cheated on her and overcome malaria and is investigating different faiths.
A source said: “Cheryl has awakened her spiritual side. She has been tapping into higher powers for answers and guidance. She’s been doing some deep thinking – especially after malaria. Christianity is closest to her, but she’s open to other religious influences.”
Cheryl’s mother Joan Callaghan is a regular churchgoer while the star’s close friend, Black Eyed Peas star will.i.am, is deeply religious after being raised a Baptist in California.
The Girls Aloud star could also be seeking spiritual enlightenment from her rumoured love interest Derek Hough, who is a practising Mormon.
The ‘Parachute’ singer was spotted wearing a Hindu charm to the rehearsals of UK pop star search show ‘The X Factor’, on which she is a judge with Simon Cowell, last weekend.
- Cheryl Cole: She will break the US because she has her own vibe going on
- Cheryl Cole: Fergie thinks she can rule the world
- Cheryl Cole is reportedly moving into will.i.am’s Hollywood home.
- Cheryl Cole: She is spending £20,000 on a lavish birthday party
- Cheryl Cole: Kimberley Walsh is her safety network
» Taylor Swift: What she is planning for Christmas