Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz are splashing out $11.5 million on a new home.
The couple – who married in a surprise ceremony last June – are set to buy a three-bedroom, three-bathroom apartment in New York’s SoHo district. The 4,350 square foot property boasts an additional 2,000 square feet of outdoor space – including a private roof garden with its own kitchen – and facilities including a media room with a woodburning fireplace, the New York Post newspaper reports.
Meanwhile, city records show that Rachel has just sold her old house in the city – with the buyer being her former partner, director Darren Aronofsky.
The ‘Wrestler’ filmmaker – who has a five-year-old son, Henry, with Rachel – paid $2.52 million for the five-storey townhouse.
The sum is considerably less than the $3.4 million the former couple paid for the 11.5 room property in 2005 and the house is said to be worth an estimated 3-4 times more than what Darren has just paid.
Though it is unclear how many bedrooms the house has, it also boasts a terrace off three second-floor kitchen, a double parlour, and a garden.
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz: Their first public appearance together
- Lily Allen: She has bought a £3 million country home
- Lady Gaga: She is planning to buy a $26 million home
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart have moved out of their Los Angeles house
- Rachel Weisz: Wrong shoes can spoil the day
» Carey Mulligan wants to return to the stage