Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz married secretly in New York on Wednesday (22.06.11). The low-key couple – who first went public with their romance in December when they spent Christmas together at a cottage in the English countryside – tied the knot in front of just four people, Daniel’s daughter Ella, 18, Rachel’s four-year-old son Henry and two friends at a pal’s house in New York state.
A friend told Britain’s News of the World: “Daniel and Rachel insisted on having a small, quiet wedding. They are madly in love and couldn’t wait to be husband and wife – but they wanted minimum fuss. They had a couple of friends as witnesses and their children from previous relationships and that was it.”
Rachel split from Henry’s father ‘Black Swan’ director Darren Aronofsky last year, announcing in November they had been separated for some time but remained “close” while ‘Casino Royale’ actor Daniel and Satsuki Mitchell called off their engagement last year.
Rachel, 40 and Daniel, 43, star together in upcoming horror movie ‘Dream House’ – to be released in September 2011 – which they shot throughout 2010.
- Daniel Craig spent Christmas Day with Rachel Weisz
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz are splashing out $11.5 million on a new home
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz: Their first public appearance together
- Daniel Craig: He will never reveal what happened on his wedding day
- Gemma Arterton: She wants to work with Darren Aronofsky
» Kim Kardashian: Her engagement has taken “pressure” off her sister Kourtney