Emily Blunt was a childhood tomboy. The ‘Devil Wears Prada’ actress – who is renowned for her sense of style – admitted she had more boyish interests and hated being dressed in feminine clothes when she was a youngster.
She said: “I never dreamed of being a princess when I was a child – I wanted to be on the soccer team. I wasn’t into Barbie dolls and swore I’d never, ever wear pink. I’d throw tantrums if my mum put me in pink clothes. Not a girlie girl at all.”
However Emily – who married actor John Krasinski in Italy this summer – thinks being a tomboy has helped her to cope on male dominated movie sets.
She explained to Company magazine: “I like being one of the boys. It usually ends up being the case anyway because there’s often one female part to every five male parts on a film set.
“When you’re outnumbered you have to be willing to accept that there might be crass humour going around, but you get used to it.”
- Emily Blunt: She is not ready to have children yet
- Emily Mortimer: Plastic surgery f***s with your head
- Lindsay Lohan wants to learn from her “mistakes”
- Brad Pitt: $10,000 on clothes for his daughter?
- Emily Blunt: A different accent helped cure her stutter
» Michael Jackson: Ciara is still devastated about his death