Eva Longoria says divorce “agrees” with her. The ‘Desperate Housewives’ actress – who split from basketball star Tony Parker in November 2010 after three years of marriage – is amazed by how many people have told her she looks younger and better than ever since her marriage ended. She said: “I’m going, ‘Wow!’ I think divorce agrees with me!” The 36-year-old beauty also admitted she is no longer still speaking to her former spouse, who she had been dating for three years before they wed. Asked if she still speaks to Tony by US TV talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, Eva said: “No.”
Eva – who is now dating Eduardo Cruz – revealed her divorce has taught her that she doesn’t have to be “subservient” to a man and she is now proud to be her own person.
She said: “For me, being a woman, I realised you cannot identify yourself through a man or through your marriage … or through a partner. I think it’s our nature to be socially constructed that way. To just be inferior or subservient and you don’t have to be.
“You can be yourself and really hold your own by yourself no matter what partnership you’re in.”
- Eva Longoria: She reportedly has a new boyfriend
- Eva Longoria: Her divorce from Tony Parker has been finalised
- Eva Longoria feels “lucky” to have found Eduardo Cruz
- Eva Longoria was the “most unhealthy” she had ever been following her split from Tony Parker
- Eva Longoria: She wants to “cry” every time she thinks about her marriage split
» Sarah Jessica Parker is an embarrassing mother