Jennifer Hudson has advised Beyonce Knowles to get as much sleep as she can while she gets used to being a new mother.
The actress is thrilled for the singer – who she starred with in ‘Dreamgirls’ – and her husband Jay-Z following the arrival of their baby Blue Ivy last weekend and has revealed she told her to get as much rest as possible in the first few weeks of parenting. Jennifer – who has a two-year-old son, David Jr., with her fiance David Otunga – said: “Girl, get your sleep! We talked about this when I had my munchkin. It goes so fast. She’s going to look up and [Blue] is going to be six months. Next thing you know, she’s going to be walking.”
The 30-year-old Oscar winner has also advised Beyonce to savour every precious moment with Blue Ivy because the baby will soon become a toddler.
Speaking at a Good Housekeeping media event on Tuesday (10.01.12) in New York, she added: “She needs to embrace it. Especially because of the lives we live, a lot of times other people have to care for themselves and you have to have that mommy time.”
- Jennifer Hudson has revealed her fiance goes “bananas” with romantic gestures
- Jennifer Hudson: New face of Weight Watchers
- Megan Fox and Robert Pattinson: On a list of stars people would allow their partners to sleep with
- Beyonce Knowles has given birth to a baby girl
- Beyonce Knowles is taking pregnancy advice from Gwyneth Paltrow
» Madonna thinks “love” is the secret to looking young