Jennifer Lopez felt “safe” in her marriage. The ‘On the Floor’ hitmaker – who split with husband Marc Anthony, the father of her three-year-old twins Max and Emme, after seven years of marriage last month – loved the security of their relationship, and thinks to say that was how Marc made her feel is one of the nicest things she could ever say about him.
Speaking in an interview conducted before the announcement of her marriage split, Jennifer said: “Marc made me feel safe. Is safe good for a marriage? I think it’s one of the biggest compliments you can give; like you want to feel safe. I’m good here. Unsafe would be bad for me.”
Jennifer believes she is a naturally “loving” person and enjoys taking care of others, though she admits it can be at the expense of her own feelings.
She told Vanity Fair magazine: “As women, we are naturally giving and we take care of others. I love that part of us and I love doing it. We just have this tendency to put ourselves on the back burner.”
- Jennifer Lopez went for a dinner date with Bradley Cooper
- Jennifer Lopez: She thinks laughter is the key to her successful marriage
- Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony: They split after failing to “see eye-to-eye” on Scientology
- Cameron Diaz: She thinks therapy has improved her life
- Jennifer Lopez has revealed she feared there was something wrong with her daughter Emme
» Cheryl Cole: She is holidaying in Cannes with will.i.am