Usher has advised Justin Bieber not to date a fan.
The ‘OMG’ hitmaker is a mentor to the 16-year-old singer and has advised his protegee to enjoy his success but to learn from his own mistakes and keep a distance from his supporters a. He said: “I tell Justin you’ve got to love all your fans without falling in love with them. I can’t say I’ve never dated a fan but it’s not a good idea. I tell him to understand that you are a fantasy to them and you should be mindful of that.
“And I encourage him to not take success so seriously so early. Have fun with it. And make friends!”
Usher – who has sons Usher V, two, and Naviyd, 23 months, with ex-wife Tameka Foster – is thankful for his own success and would never complain about his life because he knows how lucky he is.
He added: “I’m so happy. I can’t complain. And if I did, people would have a fit.
“How could I complain when I get to do what I do, travel, be with my kids and have a grand life?”
- Usher: He wants a “harem of women” like Hugh Hefner
- Justin Bieber: He wants David Beckham to give him soccer lessons
- Justin Bieber: He calls Usher “all the time”
- Justin Bieber has passed his driving test
- Justin Bieber: Family are the most important part of Christmas
» Katy Perry: Her dad has praised his new son-in-law Russell Brand