Kate Beckinsale is “proud and puzzled” by her ‘Underworld: Awakening’ character. The 38-year-old actress – who is to resume her role as vampire warrior Selene in the fourth film in the franchise – thinks it is hard to establish an action movie series with a lead female because it can be “difficult”. She said: “I’m proud and also puzzled by her. When I started acting, I was all militant and feministy. “I didn’t want to be the girl in movies who was always crying in the shower. It’s hard to get a female franchise – you need different things from female action heroes; they need to have an emotional side, and that can be difficult.”
Kate also admitted she was initially reluctant to return to the movie series because she thinks it is “weird” to revisit a character.
She added: “I wasn’t planning to play her again – I think it’s weird for an actor to play a part more than once. But Selene finds out she has a daughter, which was interesting to me, because she’s not the most maternal person.”
- Daniel Radcliffe: He never wants to play Harry Potter again
- Bruce Willis: He is concerned he may be replaced in the “Die Hard” franchise
- Jessica Alba: She wants to make another action movie
- Taylor Swift as Supergirl?
- Milla Jovovich insisted her ‘Three Musketeers’ character wore period dresses
» Mel Gibson’s ex-wife has been awarded half his $850 million fortune