Kate Middleton would have loved to have met Princess Diana.
The 28–year-old beauty – who announced her engagement to second-in-line to the British throne Prince William – sees the late royal as an “inspirational” figure she can look up to in life. She said: “Obviously I would have loved to have met her and she’s obviously an inspirational woman to look up to. On this day and going forward and things, you know, it is a wonderful family, the members who I’ve met have achieved a lot and very inspirational.”
However, her new fiance – who popped the question three weeks ago while the couple were holidaying in Kenya – admitted there is no pressure on Kate, and he is confident she will “carve her own future”.
William added: “There’s no pressure, though. Like Kate said, it is about carving your own future. No one is trying to fill my mother’s shoes, what she did was fantastic. It’s about making your own future and your own destiny and Kate will do a very good job of that.”
The future princess – who has been dating William for almost nine years – also revealed she is “nervous” about being welcomed into the fold of one the world’s most famous families, but hopes she can use her position to “make a difference.
In the couple’s only interview, Kate told ITV News: “It’s obviously nerve-wracking, I don’t know the ropes, William is obviously used to it, but I’m willing to learn quickly and work hard. I really hope I can make a difference, even in the smallest way. I am looking forward to helping as much as I can.”
- Elton John: He is planning a dinner party for Prince William and Kate Middleton
- Beyonce Knowles thinks Jay-Z will be an “inspirational” father
- Madonna is keen to make a movie documenting the love story of Britain’s Prince William and Duchess Catherine
- Kate Middleton has turned down an opportunity to appear on the front cover of US Vogue
- David and Victoria Beckham are moving back to England
» Michael Jackson: His ex-bodyguard is to take a paternity test