The 31-year-old star – who has an adopted daughter Naleigh with husband Josh Kelley – has hinted her future plans probably won’t involve quite so much acting work because her family is now her main priority.
She said: “I think I’m just going to try and keep it a little more mellow and be a little bit more of a mom, since that’s a big part of my life now.”
The ’27 Dresses’ actress also described her daughter as a “wonderful” addition to her life and “the icing on the cake”.
Katherine – who has portrayed Dr. Izzie Stevens in US medical drama ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ for the past six years – has recently been on maternity leave from the show to look after her daughter and admits the break has made her re-evaluate her priorities.
She told People.com: “I took those three months off and I realised how very, very important my family is to me and I want to be more available to them.”
Katherine and musician Josh adopted Naleigh from Korea last September.
- Katherine Heigl wants another baby
- Katherine Heigl wanted to “smother” her husband
- Katherine Heigl: Josh Kelley is a “spectacular” father
- Katherine Heigl doesn’t believe in love at first sight
- Katherine Heigl: Her daughter’s first word was “Dada”
» Dannii Minogue loves being short