Keira Knightley is a “big royalist”. The British actress enjoyed watching the recent nuptials of Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge – and even bought a special commemorative mug to mark the occasion, though she was sad she couldn’t join in with many other festivities.
She said: “I was drinking tea out of my Kate and William mug. I ran out and bought one when they got engaged. I’m a big royalist.
“I watched it. I thought she looked lovely, very lovely. London was pretty. Everyone was having street parties but I had to work that night so I didn’t have the chance to go to any but yes, it all looked very lovely.”
Tuning in to watch the royal wedding was a particularly rare event for the ‘Last Night’ star – because she doesn’t own a television.
She admitted in an interview with PopEater: “I don’t own a TV. I have a projector and I can watch movies or documentaries. I listen to music or read books or see friends.
“I’m in a hotel right now and the first thing I did was turn the television on because it’s such an extraordinary thing to have a TV in the room.”
- Cheryl Cole: He wants an invite to the royal wedding
- Robert Pattinson: Life is going to be hard for Kate Middleton
- Snoop Dogg: He gave Britain’s Prince William pre-wedding advice
- Kate Middleton has started snacking more
- Victoria Beckham had to sit next to the toilet during the royal wedding
» Ashton Kutcher: He will replace Charlie Sheen on “Two and a Half Men”