She said: “I can’t stand pretentious people. I think growing up without money has taught me not to take myself seriously. I’m the same person I when I was selling clothes to buy a taco for dinner, I just have a few extra bucks.”
Kesha also said that when she got her first pay packet after becoming famous, she didn’t splash out on any lavish or expensive gifts for herself.
She added: “I bought a 1998 Honda car, which I needed. I don’t believe in wasting money when there are people in the world who can’t eat. If I earn a lot of money, I’ll treat myself, but I’m not going to be ridiculous. I think it’s kind of gross.
“I don’t like spending money on stuff. I may buy some instruments though.”
- Angelina Jolie bought Brad Pitt an olive tree for Valentine’s Day
- Keira Knightley: She had to get permission from her mother
- Victoria Beckham: £1,500 headphones for Christmas
- Lady Gaga: She would give away “every dollar” she has
- George Clooney: He feels “unclean” after awards season
» Florence Welch has been overeating on tour