Kris Humphries is battling for his pre-nuptial agreement with Kim Kardashian to be annulled. After the 31-year-old socialite filed for divorce from the basketball star after just 72 days of marriage, Kris wants the legal document declared null and void on the grounds of “fraud”. If the existing pre-nup is cast aside, it will mean the sportsman isn’t restrained by a strict confidentiality clause which currently prevents both Kim and Kris from discussing the intimate details of their relationship with the media.
A source told RadarOnline.com: “The confidentiality aspect of the pre-nup is extensive and was created just in case things went bad, neither Kim nor Kris could discuss their relationship to the media.
“But now, Kris wants to be able to talk about the relationship without fear of being sued.”
Kris is already planning to hit back at Kim’s divorce petition with an annulment request and if this is legally granted by a judge, it would mean the couple were never legally married and the contract between them no longer stands.
The insider added: “Kris is getting excellent legal advice. If the judge annuls the marriage, they were never legally married, and the pre-nup at that point is really moot.
“Kris wants this to play out in court, and wants the process to be transparent. If this needs to go to trial, he is ready for that. The gloves are off, Kris won’t be a doormat anymore.”
- Eva Longoria: Tony Parker has filed his own divorce papers
- Miley Cyrus: Her father has officially filed to have his divorce petition dismissed
- Kim Kardashian “agonised” over her decision to end her marriage to Kris Humphries
- Kim Kardashian’s best friend is planning to sue Kris Humphries
- Kim Kardashian flew to Minnesota for a heart-to-heart chat with Kris Humphries
» Charlize Theron autographed a pair of her ‘chicken fillets’