Kylie Minogue will “be like a five year old” with excitement if she gets to see a white Christmas this year.
The ‘All The Lovers’ singer is releasing a festive single – a cover of 1945 classic ‘Let It Snow’, originally recorded by Vaughn Monroe – which she admits is somewhat ironic, because it is always summertime in her native Australia in December. She told Perezhilton.com: “I think it’s kind of ironic that I’m singing ‘Let It Snow’ being an Australian – we don’t have snow at Christmas time. So if in fact it does snow whilst I’m in New York this year, I’ll be like a five year old kid, I’ll be so excited.
“It’s always a big thrill for me to be on the side of the world where it’s a white Christmas.” Although ‘Let It Snow’ is considered a festive song, its lyrics never mention Christmas and it was written in conditions Kylie could appreciate – on one of California’s hottest days on record by lyricist Sammy Cahn and composer Jule Styne .
The 42-year-old has previously recorded a version of Eartha Kitt’s Christmas hit ‘Santa Baby’, which has also been covered by Madonna, Sugababes and Reverend Run of rap group Run DMC.
Kylie’s version of ‘Let It Snow’ will be released in early December.
- Katy Perry: She is to guest star in The Simpsons
- Denise Richards: Her children were told Santa Claus didn’t exist at school
- Pete Doherty has written a song for Amy Winehouse
- Robert Pattinson will be spending the Christmas holidays with girlfriend Kristen Stewart
- Lindsay Lohan: She will remain in California for Christmas
» Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z will make great parents