Lewis Hamilton is still in love with Nicole Scherzinger. The Formula 1 driver and the ‘X Factor’ judge split last month after a four-year relationship but Lewis, 26, says he hopes one day they can get back together. Speaking about photographs of them embracing in a Los Angeles car park earlier this week, the sportsman said: “Well, they didn’t catch us at the best of times. What you didn’t see is that we had a really good week, a couple of really nice lunches together. We had a really nice dinner together.
“It’s very early days and we still have very strong feelings for one another. I still love her very much.
“So, who knows? Maybe we will be together in the future.”
It had been claimed Lewis and 33-year-old Nicole had split because he wasn’t ready for children.
A source said: “Lewis decided they had to part, she wanted more than he could offer at this stage in his life.”
Following the break-up Lewis insisted the pair will remain friends and said he felt “pretty good”.
He said: “We’re friends and we can move forward. These times are sent to try you, it’s about how you pull through. I have my family who are helping, so I feel pretty good.”
- Nicole Scherzinger and Lewis Hamilton: Why they split
- Lewis Hamilton has been bombarding ex-girlfriend Nicole Scherzinger with love notes
- Nicole Scherzinger and Lewis Hamilton spent New Year’s Eve together
- Nicole Scherzinger and Lewis Hamilton: Secret meetings
- Nicole Scherzinger and Lewis Hamilton: Split up?
» Kristen Stewart accidentally punched Chris Hemsworth in the face