Liam Gallagher knew the break-up of Oasis “had to happen”. The outspoken singer was “absolutely devastated” when his former group ended in August 2009 following huge bust-up between himself and his brother, guitarist Noel Gallagher, but he thinks it came at a time when the band couldn’t get any bigger. He said: “I was absolutely devastated Oasis split up. But I just look at the positives now. We smashed it. We took it as big as we could and it inspired a lot of kids.
“I suppose we done what we came to do. It could have been different but the people in the band, that’s the way we are.
“I don’t regret having an argument with our kid [Noel], I don’t regret the break up, it had to happen.”
Despite his comments, Liam – who formed Beady Eye with former bandmates Gem Archer, Andy Bell and Chris Sharrock after Oasis split – admits he can’t stop thinking about his old group.
He added to the Daily Telegraph newspaper: “There’s not a day goes by when I don’t think about Oasis and the music, but it wasn’t meant to be.
- Noel Gallagher wants Beady Eye “to do well”.
- Liam Gallagher will “definitely” play Oasis records on his next tour
- Noel Gallagher says Oasis were “taking all the cocaine they could find”
- Miley Cyrus: She has split from Liam Hemsworth again
- Snow Patrol “sort of knew” R.E.M. were going to split
» Milla Jovovich insisted her ‘Three Musketeers’ character wore period dresses