The ‘Celebration’ singer splashed out the enormous sum for the estate, which includes 30 acres of land and is situated in the prestigious Hamptons area of New York State.
Madonna – who has four children, Lourdes, 13, Rocco, nine, and adopted Mercy and David, both four – bought the Wild Ocean Farm ranch from designer Calvin Klein’s ex-wife Kelly.
A source said: “Madonna is thrilled the ranch is now hers!”
The Wild Ocean Farm is currently being used to train show horses, and Madonna was only allowed to buy the ranch on the understanding she kept it as a working equine centre.
The singer – who is a keen horse-rider and was badly injured in a riding accident four years ago – is believed to be interested in a £1.5 million adjoining plot of land and is making enquiries into buying it so she can build a mansion there.
- Robert Pattinson: He is scared of horses
- Steven Spielberg is “driven” by fear
- Lady Gaga: She is planning to buy a $26 million home
- Madonna: She plans to open an orphanage in Malawi
- Tamsin Egerton: She loves cakes
» Katie Holmes wants a tattoo