Madonna is a “details freak”.
The 52-year-old singer always likes to be in control and thinks it is important to consider every aspect of a project, no matter how small. Speaking about her new movie ‘W.E.’, which she directed, produced and wrote, she said: “I wouldn’t go so far as to say I’m a control freak, but I am a detail freak. I chose the costumes, the locations, the lamps, the tables, the carpets, the drapes – everything. “I also liked to put the finishing touches on the actors before they did their scene s- you know, with their hair or clothes.
“Putting on a bracelet or something on to Andrea [Riseborough]‘s wrist gave me an emotional connection before directing her. Some of the jewellery we used was actually Wallis Simpson’s.”
Madonna – who has been married twice before and is currently dating dancer Brahim Zaibat – believes she is in control of her own “destiny”, a message she reflects in the movie.
She explained: “It’s about what Wallis says in the movie – ‘Get a life’. Happiness lies in our own hands and we are in charge of our own destiny.”
- Madonna: Strong and independent attitude
- Madonna is keen to make a movie documenting the love story of Britain’s Prince William and Duchess Catherine
- Madonna was “a joy” to work with on the set of ‘W.E’
- Madonna wrote a film because she was lonely
- Madonna: She impressed her boyfriend’s family with a £50,000 stay
» Tori Amos played her first gig in a gay bar