Mariah Carey’s faith in humanity has been “restored” thanks to the good wishes of the general public about her pregnancy.
The ‘Hero’ hitmaker – who is expecting twins with TV presenter Nick Cannon – had been reluctant to announce her happy news but is glad she received a positive response from fans. She said: “Obviously I’m very thankful for this moment. Since Nick and I made our announcement, people have been very congratulatory.
“We didn’t really want to talk about this yet, but I’m in the public eye and really didn’t have a choice.
“So I’m just thankful I can go through this time and feel a lot of warmth. It’s restored my faith in people a bit.”
Nick revealed the pair are expecting twins earlier this month, joking he would probably get “yelled” at for letting the information go public, despite weeks of speculation.
He said: “In order for my wife and I to have our life, we need to be up front and I need to be able to share things with you and be real.
“I didn’t even tell my wife I was gonna do this. I’m probably gonna get yelled at for not getting permission… We are having twins.”
- Mariah Carey: Her unique way to deal with her pregnancy cravings
- Mariah Carey: Her new perfume was inspired by her husband
- Demi Lovato says God keeps “throwing crap” at her to test her
- Brad Pitt: She is “looking at” marrying Angelina Jolie
- Mariah Carey: She has converted an entire wing of her home into a nursery
» Lady Gaga: She was left “shaken” after a stalker got backstage