Mary-Kate Olsen has split from her boyfriend.
The 23-year-old actress has reportedly been single for some time after her two-year relationship with artist Nate Lowman ended, putting an end to weeks of speculation.
When asked whether they are still together, her representative told Us Weekly magazine: “No, they are not. It’s been a while.”
It was recently claimed that Mary-Kate and Nate had split temporarily and the actress was finding life alone difficult.
A source said: “Mary-Kate hasn’t been herself lately. She and Nate are kind of taking a break right now, and she isn’t used to all the free time she has on her hands. So much of her time before was spent with him.”
Before embarking on a relationship with Nate, Mary-Kate was linked to a string of men – including late actor Heath Ledger – but had been officially single since 2005 when she split from Greek shipping heir Stavros Niarchos.
After the split, Mary-Kate was left heartbroken and took a leave of absence from her studies at New York University.
She said at the time: “I miss him and I love him. It’s a hurtful and a painful subject.”
- Kate Hudson: She is dating Matt Bellamy
- Kate Winslet: She has split from her boyfriend
- Kate Beckinsale thinks her split from Michael Sheen was “elegant”
- Michelle Williams: She said there are “no limits and no rules” in Hollywood
- Jessica Biel: She and Colin Farrell are reportedly dating
» Nicole Richie: Scaring co-pilot