Michael Douglas is the most important person in Catherine Zeta-Jones’ life.
Although the Hollywood couple have two children – Dylan, 10, and seven-year-old Carys – the actress prioritises her relationship with Michael above anything else, after being told to do so by his father Kirk Douglas. She explained: “Kirk said, ‘The most important person in your life is your partner because with children and friends, they grow and eventually leave the nest.’
“It’s true, at the end of the day it is just you and your partner.”
Catherine, 41, married the 66-year-old actor – who was recently given the all-clear from throat cancer – in 2000 and she feels incredibly lucky to have met him.
She said: “I do think I’m lucky I met Michael. Not just Michael Douglas the actor and producer with two Oscars on the shelf, but Michael Douglas the love of my life. I really do think it was meant to happen.”
- Michael Douglas: He he was diagnosed with cancer at the best possible time
- Michael Douglas received a standing ovation at Golden Globe
- Michael Douglas: He warned Shia LaBeouf not to date Carey Mulligan
- Michael Douglas: He has become a “carer” for Catherine Zeta-Jones
- Michael Douglas: He is starting to feel like his “old self”
» Elizabeth Taylor: She has been hospitalised with heart problems