Morgan Freeman’s hand has been left paralysed.
The ‘Invictus’ actor was involved in a car crash in August 2008 and revealed his left hand has never fully recovered, leaving him unable to move it.
Speaking at the Los Angeles premiere of ‘Invictus’, 72-year-old Morgan said: “I suffered nerve damage and it hasn’t gotten better. I can’t move it.
“If you don’t move your hand, it will swell up. Do you know you move your hand about a million times a day?”
The Oscar-winning star was taken to hospital after he sufferred a broken arm, broken elbow and damage to his shoulder after the accident which occurred as he was driving his 1997 Nissan Maxima car in Tallahatchie County, Mississippi.
The car went off the shoulder of the road and flipped over “several times”, according to one onlooker.
Morgan was removed from the car wreck using the ‘jaws of life’, a hydraulic rescue tool, and was airlifted to the Regional Medical Center in Memphis, Tennessee.
His representative said at the time: “He has a broken arm, broken elbow and minor shoulder damage but he is in good spirits.”
- Ryan Reynolds found filming ‘Safe House’ left him “a wreck”
- Lady Gaga: She only has tattoos on the left side of her body
- Megan Fox: She is removing her Marilyn Monroe tattoo
- Demi Lovato has split from on/off boyfriend Wilmer Valderrama
- Cheryl Cole: She has had a seventh tattoo
» Rachel Weisz: Happiness is the secret to health