Ne-Yo started losing his hair when he was 13.
The ‘Beautiful Monster’ hitmaker is known for wearing a hat but he originally decided to don headgear when he was a teenager to hide his receding hairline. He said: “The men in my family start losing their hair really early on. My hair started receding when I was just 13. So that was why I originally started wearing hats. Then I got super-confident with who I am, but they were already part of my look, so the hats stayed.”
Despite his love of headwear, Ne-Yo insists he doesn’t have a “lucky” hat because it is hard to wear things more than once when you’re in the public eye.
He explained: “That’s the c**p thing about being a celebrity. Once you’ve worn something and someone’s taken a picture of it, that’s it. You can never wear it again. So I can’t have a lucky hat, T-shirt or shoes.”
- Rachel Weisz: Wrong shoes can spoil the day
- Rihanna: Why she decided to dye her hair red
- Johnny Depp: He has been ordered to get rid of his hats
- Tom Cruise: He gets fashion advice from his daughter
- Janet Jackson: She is a “tomboy”
» Jamie Cullum: He misses being at home