She said: “Clothing was something I always wanted to do. I’ve been pulling tear sheets from magazines since I was a little girl.
“I’m a Virgo and I’m really good at scheduling. So there are 24 hours in a day and I’m up at 6.30am every day anyway.”
Despite having two children – two-year-old daughter Harlow and five-month-old son Sparrow – Nicole insists she does not require a full-time nanny.
She said: “Not full-time, but I do have someone that helps me right now and, well, I have my mom, who’s here.”
Nicole also revealed she and her partner, Good Charlotte singer Joel Madden, made a conscious decision to have children close together in age.
She explained to Britain’s Marie Claire magazine: “I’m 13 years older than my brother and I have a younger sister who is 12, so I think it’s really great they’re going to have each other.”
- Nicole Richie finalising plans for her wedding
- Nicole Richie: She has reduced the guest list for her wedding
- Nicole Richie designed her own engagement ring
- Nicole Richie: Her life was turned around by Joel Madden
- Nicole Richie: She is obsessed with ping pong
» Janet Jackson has a crush on Chace Crawford