Noel Gallagher wants to tour with The Faces.
The legendary 70s group are preparing to make a comeback next month, with Simply Red star Mick Hucknall taking over from original frontman Rod Stewart on vocals, but guitarist Ronnie Wood claims they have other singers in the pipeline if they tour at a later date.
He said: “Of if all goes down well, we’ll tour next January. We also have Chris Robinson from the Black Crowes. Noel Gallagher has always been interested. It’s going to be fun.
“Other people were in the running, there was Kelly Jones out of the Stereophonics, but they’re busy at the moment.”
The rocker also insisted that despite considering other frontmen, the group haven’t ruled out Rod Stewart returning eventually.
He added: “We haven’t ruled Rod out, it’s just that his schedule isn’t crossing over exactly when we wanted him – he’s not available. “The door isn’t closed on Rod, but we’re just carrying on because it’s worth it.”
- Russell Brand: His mother was proud of his womanising
- Liam Gallagher knew the break-up of Oasis “had to happen”
- Russell Brand: He is seeking love advice from his friends
- Kelly Brook: She has gone on holiday with her ex-boyfriend
- Beyonce Knowles thinks Kelly Rowland would be a “fantastic mum”
» Cheryl Cole: Totally in love with Derek Hough