Peaches Geldof’s father never gives her money. The 21-year-old TV presenter – the daughter of singer-and-activist Bob Geldof and the late Paula Yates – insists she has always had to work hard to get what she wants from life but claims she is happy not to rely on handouts.
She said: “Dad’s never been a person who would give me handouts like some people. I’ve had to work for it. “There’s a big misconception of me – that my father just doles out cash.
“He’s the complete opposite of that, because of his Irish upbringing. He wants us to learn the value of money and stuff like that. But I sort of love him for that, because I’ve seen people who I’ve been to school with or who have families in the upper echelons and they’ve been sad because of all the money. You can’t buy love.”
Peaches – who is currently dating SCUM rocker Thomas Cohen – also insisted she never looks for financial support from her boyfriends.
She added to heat magazine: “The men in my life are always starving artists. I’ve never dated anyone for their money.”
- Katy Perry: She wishes she was Jimi Hendrix’s daughter
- Peaches Geldof: She has split from her boyfriend
- Peaches Geldof: She has been accused of shoplifting
- Peaches Geldof wants to be a “Louis Theroux”-style documentary maker
- Peaches Geldof won’t get married for at least another two years
» Charlie Sheen: Two and a Half Men has been cancelled