The actor – who stars in the hit ‘Twilight’ vampire movie franchise alongside Kristen – has previously been very guarded about his love life but admitted at the BAFTA Awards after-party on Sunday night (21.02.10) he and Kristen are an item.
Robert, 23, insists they have only avoided going public with their relationship before now because they were worried about being hounded by obsessed fans.
Speaking at the post-BAFTAs dinner held at London’s Grosvenor House Hotel, he said: “It is extremely difficult but we are together, yes. We can’t arrive at the same time because of the fans, it goes crazy.
“This was supposed to be a public appearance as a couple but it’s impossible. We are here together and it’s a public event but it’s not easy. We have to do all this stuff to avoid attention.”
Robert – who arrived at the ceremony at the Royal Opera House separately to Kristen – was allegedly all over her once they left the awards show.
Robert presented a gong while 19-year-old Kristen picked up the Orange Rising Star award.
The next film in the vampire series, ‘Eclipse’, is set to be released in July and will continue with the story which sees Robert star as Edward, a vampire who has fallen in love with high-school student Bella, played by Kristen.
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart: Fight on Twilight Eclipse set
- Robert Pattinson: He has agreed to move to Los Angeles with Kristen Stewart
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart: They love board games
- Twilight Stars Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner in Munich (Germany)
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart: The are planning a voodoo wedding
» Lady Gaga wants babies