Robert Pattinson is scared of horses. The 24-year-old actor had to work with a menagerie of animals while shooting his latest movie ‘Water for Elephants’ but says coming face-to-face with one of the equestrian beasts left him particularly shaken.
He said: “I had to get knocked down by a horse. That was terrifying. “It was just one split second but (it was) a fully grown stallion – I’m kind of relatively scared of horses as well.” The ‘Twilight’ hunk – who stars opposite Reese Witherspoon in the film – was relieved he wasn’t asked to mount the horse during filming.
He added in an interview with the USA Today newspaper: “I’m just glad I didn’t have to ride any of them. I’m not particularly good at horse riding.”
Robert’s horse trouble wasn’t the only animal-related incident on set.
The Hollywood hunk – who plays a vet, Jacob Jankowski, who falls in love with Reese’s character, circus performer Marlena Rosenbluth, in the movie – was picked up by the mouth of one of his elephant co-stars.
He revealed: “The first time I met Thai the elephant, I just got in her mouth. It just seemed like a good place to be! “She had these huge lips and her teeth were all the way at the back so she just carried me around!”
- Robert Pattinson: He cried over an elephant while shooting his latest movie
- Reese Witherspoon: An elephant was one of the best co-stars she’s had
- Robert Pattinson: He was almost squashed by an elephant
- Robert Pattinson: He didn’t realise how big his role in ‘Water for Elephants’ was
- Steven Spielberg is “driven” by fear
» Lindsay Lohan: She is dropping her surname