Robert Pattinson says it felt “more natural” to kiss Kristen Stewart in ‘The Twilight Saga: Eclipse’.
The heartthrob says the smooching scenes were easier in the third instalment of the franchise because his vampire character Edward Cullen knows he will not “kill” Bella Swan, played by Kristen, by locking lips with her. He told Parade.com: “Kissing felt a little bit more natural in ‘Eclipse’, even if there was plenty of it. In ‘New Moon’ and ‘Twilight’ it was always like, ‘Oh, I’m gonna kill you if I kiss you,’ or something.
It was always kind of odd. But, in this one, they both understand their situation a lot more, which makes it easier. It’s the first time Kristen and I have been able to just act like a normal couple.”
Robert, 24, refused to confirm whether it was his rumoured real-life romance with Kristen, 20, that made their love scenes easier.
He coyly said: “I guess people like stories, that’s my basic conclusion. They just want everything in our lives to be like ‘Twilight’. The truth is… that I wish I had a few more hours of sleep today so I could think of a better answer. I’m always so exhausted all the time. Lack of sleep is like taking a Valium.”
- Robert Pattinson: It would be “terrifying” to stop winning MTV’s Best Kiss Award
- Robert Pattinson: Kristen Stewart is a “real woman”
- Robert Pattinson: What he has gone through with Kristen Stewart
- Kristen Stewart: She does not want to be the next Angelina Jolie
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart in love
» Robert Pattinson: Dating advice from his dad