The actress – who married the ‘Adventureland’ actor in an intimate ceremony on Vancouver Island, Canada, in September 2008 – admits the pair had to do a lot sneaking around so they could keep their big day private.
During an appearance on the ‘Late Show with David Letterman’, she joked: “I never thought that I’d be planning my wedding in a dark alley somewhere but it turned out that way. It was really quite secretive and I felt like I was doing a drug deal – without all the fun.”
Scarlett, 25, also revealed the small number of guests at the ceremony also included the local wildlife.
She added: “It was a very remote part of Canada. Where we got married there were bears and whales and eagles.”
Scarlett has previously admitted marrying 33-year-old Ryan cemented the couple’s love and brought them closer together.
She said: “We’re enjoying evolving our relationship together. I feel that my life and my work are heading in the right direction.
“Being married is a bit like being part of a tribe.”
- Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds are reportedly planning a secret wedding
- Sean Penn: Why he split up with Scarlett Johansson
- Scarlett Johansson is dating Sean Penn
- Sandra Bullock: Scarlett Johansson is a great kisser
- Scarlett Johansson doesn’t regret her marriage
» Sienna Miller: Wearing engagement ring again?