Shakira has been given a star on Hollywood’s Walk of Fame. The ‘Hips Don’t Lie’ singer was joined by her mother Nidia and father William as she was presented with the prestigious accolade on the world-famous pavement. She said: “This is incredible. I would like to thank all of you.” And it seems Shakira’s mother wouldn’t have been surprised at the honour as she predicted her daughter would receive one when the pair visited Hollywood when the star was just seven years old.
The Colombian beauty said: “”My mum told me, ‘Shaki, one day you’ll have your own star here.’
“If someone had heard that conversation, they would have thought she was insane.”
The 34-year-old popstar also dedicated her star to her legions of fans all over the world.
She said: “This is for the fans who have listened, supported and understood my music all these years.”
She also paid tribute to the Hispanics in the US whom she praised as “a community that works and dreams, every day, to make this a better country”.
Hispanic or Latino Americans are Americans with origins in the Hispanic countries of Latin America or in Spain.
- Pixie Lott broke down when she met Mariah Carey
- Lady Gaga: Her mother cried when she refused to use a stunt double
- Justin Bieber: Kim Kardashian received death threats from his fans
- Justin Timberlake: He has bought a controlling stake in MySpace
- Beyonce Knowles has given birth to a baby girl
» Madonna will only date men her children “respect and admire”