Taylor Lautner would “kill” to have a career like Tom Cruise. The 19-year-old hunk studied the ‘Mission Impossible’ actor and other action stars to prepare for his role in ‘Abduction’ and admits he would love to emulate their success. He said: “The most important thing I did was sit down beforehand and watch a lot of movie and study actors that I look up to. “We studied Tom Cruise in ‘Minority Report’, Harrison Ford, Matt Damon, Denzel Washington … “I would love [to follow in their footsteps].
That would be an honour, to be compared to people like that. I look up to Tom Cruise and Matt Damon. I would kill to have the careers they’ve had.” Taylor – who is best known for playing werewolf Jacob Black in the ‘Twilight Saga’ movie series – is delighted that a number of high-profile directors want to work with him as he thinks they will help him have a lasting career. He told Total Film magazine: “It’s every actor’s dream to make movies they are passionate about for the rest of their life. Working with amazing directors can definitely help with that.”
- Taylor Lautner: He didn’t know what he was getting himself into
- Taylor Lautner: He still lives with his parents
- Taylor Lautner: When he will bare his body
- Taylor Lautner was a “bit of an outcast” at school
- Robert Pattinson doesn’t miss looking like a “wimp” next to Taylor Lautner
» Colin Farrell: He thinks kissing scenes are “great”