Taylor Swift likes to be “surprised by love”.
The 21-year-old singer – who has previously dated the likes of Jake Gyllenhaal, Joe Jonas and Taylor Lautner – revealed she doesn’t care about being in a relationship someone rich, famous or good-looking, but just wants to meet a man she can find true love with.
She explained: “There are no rules when it comes to love. I just try to let love surprise me because you never know who you’re going to fall in love with.
“You never know who’s going to come into your life – and for me, when I picture the person I want to end up with, I don’t think about what their career is, or what they look like. I picture the feeling I get when I’m with them.”
The country music star – who has written about her former loves on a number of her records – admitted she is a “hopeful person”, and is convinced she will eventually get her happy ending.
Taylor added to US InStyle magazine: “I’m really a daydreamer and a hopeful person. When it comes to ‘happily ever after,’ I always have a tendency to write a happy ending to my songs.
“That’s probably wishful thinking on my part.”
- Lady Gaga’s friends have warned that her new boyfriend will break her heart
- Taylor Swift: She was put off eating when her relationship with Jake Gyllenhaal ended
- Taylor Swift was treated to a decadent birthday cake
- Taylor Lautner: Embarrassed by his muscles
- Taylor Swift: Her dad sells her T–shirts at her shows
» Johnny Depp: He has been ordered to get rid of his hats