Mel Gibson and his ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva have reached a settlement in their custody battle. Following more than a year of bitter fighting, the former couple have agreed on how their 21-month-old daughter Lucia will be cared for although the exact terms and conditions are yet to be released.
Everything will be finalised at a hearing next Wednesday (31.08.11). A statement released by the Information Office of the Los Angeles Superior Court on Friday night (26.08.11) said: “As the result of a multi-day settlement conference, the Court announces that Mel Gibson and Oksana Grigorieva have achieved a settlement in their ongoing dispute.
“The terms and conditions of the settlement will be set for hearing on Wednesday August 31, 2011 … Matters concerning the civil financial agreement will be heard in open court before Judge Peter D. Lichtman. Custody issues will be heard in a closed session.”
Mel – who has seven children with his ex-wife Robyn Moore – was believed to be demanding a completely equal custody arrangement before this announcement was made.
Since they split in June 2010, Mel and Oksana have been at war with each other with the Russian-born beauty making allegations of domestic abuse.
Earlier this year, the 55-year-old star agreed to plead no contest to simple battery relating to an argument he had with Oksana, 41, in January 2010, a lesser charge than corporal injury on a spouse, which he was originally facing.
While Mel felt he was in a strong position to win, his lawyer, Blair Berk, said he accepted the plea to escape a long court fight.
- Mel Gibson’s ex-wife has been awarded half his $850 million fortune
- Charlie Sheen: He has lost his custody battle against Brooke Mueller
- Mel Gibson: He asked Ray Winstone for advice on his accent for The Beaver
- Cheryl Cole: She is the most searched for celebrity online
- Lindsay Lohan has had $10,000 stolen from her handbag
» Anne Hathaway: She had “problems” being a vegetarian in London
Trackback-URL für diesen Artikel: