Paula Abdul is Nicole Scherzinger’s “idol”. The former Pussycat Dolls singer is thrilled she was asked to replace Cheryl Cole on the judging panel of the US ‘X Factor’ because she admires the other judges, including LA Reid and Simon Cowell, so much.
She told Now magazine: “I’m a huge fan of Paula. She’s my idol. I get to sit next to her and I just love her so much. “Everyone on the panel is like family. LA Reid and I, we just love music, and we’re always swagging it out on the side.
“I’m truly honoured to be part of it. I really am. I have an amazing job working with three of the most wonderful people in the world. Well, two actually – and then there’s Simon.”
Despite previously acting as a guest judge on the UK version of the show, Nicole – who was originally hired to co-host the contest with Steve Jones – admits she was very nervous on her first day on the panel of the US programme.
She added: “I was, like, incredibly nervous at my first audition in New Jersey but the audience was beautiful, really kind.”
- Cheryl Cole: Judge on the US version of “The X Factor”
- Nicole Scherzinger will host the US version of “The X Factor”
- Cheryl Cole: She will receive her full £1.2 million fee for “The X Factor”
- Nicole Scherzinger: She plans to marry soon
- Rihanna: She turned down a place on the judging panel of “The X Factor”
» Lady Gaga: She spends 15 minutes a day thinking “compassionate thoughts”
Trackback-URL für diesen Artikel: