Russell Brand has filed for divorce from Katy Perry. The ‘Arthur’ star – who married the ‘Firework’ singer in India in October 2010 – lodged papers in Los Angeles citing “irreconcilable differences” but has vowed that the pair will remain friends. According to gossip website TMZ, Russell said: “Sadly, Katy and I are ending our marriage. I’ll always adore her and I know we’ll remain friends.” Russell, 36, and Katy had fuelled speculation all was not well with their union after spending Christmas 7,000 miles apart with Katy in Hawaii, while her husband was in Cornwall, South West England.
The couple reportedly had a “massive fight” over the festive season and Russell was spotted shopping in London yesterday (29.12.11) with his diamond wedding ring noticeably absent.
The pair are believed to have originally planned to spend the holidays with the comedian’s mother Barbara in London before they became involved in a furious argument, and Katy decided to jet off to Hawaii with friends.
A source recently explained: “They had a massive fight. She was like, ‘F**k you. I’m going to do my own thing,’ and Russell said, ‘Fine, f**k you too!’
“Things are not good. The fighting is getting worse.”
- Katy Perry: Russell Brand has stepped out without his wedding ring
- Katy Perry and Russell Brand reportedly had a “massive fight”
- Katy Perry: Why she wanted her husband Russell Brand to file divorce papers
- Katy Perry is considering flying to the UK for showdown talks with Russell Brand
- Katy Perry is being supported by Rihanna following the breakdown of her marriage
» Britney Spears is planning a “traditional Southern-style” wedding
Trackback-URL für diesen Artikel: