Sam Worthington is “surprised” ‘Clash of the Titans’ got a sequel.
The Australian actor – who played the role of Perseus in the much maligned 2010 remake – is glad the original film got criticised as it means a follow-up doesn’t have to stick to the same storyline.
He said: “The thing is the first film we got criticised a lot for, but now the good thing about the sequel is that we are not beholden to an original story and we can learn from the mistakes of the first and hopefully improve on it.
“I mean there is a surprise that we are making a sequel because of the critical drubbing.”
However, the ‘Avatar’ star is not entirely shocked there will be a second movie – with Liam Neeson and Gemma Arterton both reviving roles – because of the amount of money it took at the box office.
He added to The Independent newspaper: “It’s no surprise when you consider that ‘Clash of the Titans’ made half a billion dollars.”
- Gemma Arterton: Her family does not like her movies
- Gemma Arterton: She was worried she would always star in period dramas
- Gemma Arterton: She wants to work with Darren Aronofsky
- Zoe Saldana: She will never be an acting “machine”
- Gemma Arterton: She is taking a break from Hollywood
» Jennifer Aniston: She won’t rule out having plastic surgery
Trackback-URL für diesen Artikel: