The ‘Fearless’ singer – who is currently on tour in Australia – made a late-night visit to a park in Melbourne with her bandmates on Wednesday night (10.02.10) to feed the wild furry rodents.
She tweeted: “Tonight the band and I played a show, then hopped in the van and headed to the park for some midnight wild possum feeding.”
However, the 20-year-old songstress has been criticised by Australian wildlife authorities, who believe her petting session could cause “disruption” to the animals.
A spokesperson for Australia’s Department of Sustainability and Environment (DSE) told Radar Online: “We know people who feed wild animals often have the best intentions and that it is attractive to tourists who want to interact with Australian wildlife.
“However, DSE advises people not to feed wild animals… it can disrupt their natural behaviour and it can cause some animals to lose their natural fear of people, making them vulnerable to attack.”
- Miley Cyrus: Why Liam Hemsworth is the perfect boyfriend
- Dannii Minogue: She loves breastfeeding
- Michael Jackson kept lots of animals because it brought him closer to God
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth have rekindled their relationship
- Lindsay Lohan: Sued by a photographer
» Katy Perry loves her “voluptuous” body
Trackback-URL für diesen Artikel: