Daniel Radcliffe has been named the wealthiest British star under 30, after amassing almost £52 million. The ‘Harry Potter’ star retained the top spot in heat magazine’s 30 Under 30 Rich List with his fortune increasing by £6.1 million from last year’s figure. Daniels earnings were boosted by the final two films in the boy wizard franchise, ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Parts 1 and 2’, for which he is thought to have earned in the region of £25 million. In second place is Keira Knightley, with an estimated worth of £31 million which she has amassed from films such as the ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ franchise and lucrative modelling contracts with brands including Chanel. Her fortune has not grown significantly over the last year, however, as Keira has focussed on making art house films.
‘Twilight’ hunk Robert Pattinson came fourth in the poll with a fortune estimated at around £25 million,
The latest film in the series, ‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1’, has taken £315 million worldwide at the box office since it was released earlier this month.
Daniel’s ‘Harry Potter’ co-star, Emma Watson, dropped from third to fourth place on the list with an estimated fortune of £24 million, while a third member of the cast – the most profitable franchise in history – Rupert Grint, rounds out the top five with £22 million in the bank.
While actors dominated the list, singer Adele was a new entry at number 16 with £7 million and Girls Aloud star Cheryl Cole was the the highest climber, with a fortune estimated at £11 million seeing her rise from 14th to seventh.
heat magazine’s 30 Under 30 Rich List, top ten:
1. Daniel Radcliffe, 22, £51.7 million
2. Keira Knightley, 26, £30.8 million
3. Robert Pattinson, 25, £24.9 million
4. Emma Watson, 21, £23.9 million
5. Rupert Grint, 23, £21.7 million
6. Leona Lewis, 26, £13.2 million
7. Cheryl Cole, 28, £11.4 million
8. Katie Melua, 27, £10.7 million
9. Craig David, 30, £9.6 million
10. Charlotte Church, 25, £9.6 million
- The highest paid actors – Hollywood top earners
- ‘Harry Potter’ stars Emma Watson and Rupert Grint Hollywood’s Top Earning On-screen Couple
- Daniel Radcliffe: He wants a tattoo
- Emma Watson: She felt sick when she realised she was a millionaire
- Emma Watson, Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint used to hide from their bodyguards
» Kim Kardashian fears she will never have children